Jump Ahead To:
QBench offers an add-on that integrates with compatible Business Intelligence (BI) Tools that support JSON over an HTTPS connection. These are configured with Web Data Sets to generate a JSON file for specific fields and a specific Filter. Each Web Data Set has its own unique URL that you can feed into your BI Tool which refreshes its data every night around 11pm PST. To create a Web Data Set, navigate to Configuration -> Application -> Web Data Sets and click + New Web Data Set. Here is an example of a Web Data Set configuration:
- Name: Name of your Web Data Set
- URL: Auto-generated URL which you will use to feed into your BI Tool
- Data Type: The data type this Web Data Set is for
- Global Filter: The Global Filter which includes the entities that you are creating a Web Data Set for
- Basic HTTP Authentication Password: The password needed in order to access the auto-generated URL
- Allowed IP Addresses: Optional IP address whitelisting for enhanced security (only applicable if your BI Tool setup supports this)
Web Data Set Fields
You can specify any field related to the data type of your Web Data Set. In the example above, this is a Web Data Set for Tests, so each field indicates a value related to a Test. You can also indicate Worksheet fields if your workflow utilizes Worksheets. The resulting JSON file will only include the fields you specify in this section.
Integration with Domo
- Click "Search Connectors"
- Search for "JSON Connector" and select it
- In the Credentials section
- Click the "Select Account" dropdown and select "Add account..."
- For Username, input a valid QBench admin account email
- For Password, paste in your Web Data Set's Basic HTTP Authentication Password
- Click next
- In the Details section
- For Connection Method, select HTTP Request
- For URL To JSON File, paste in the Web Data Set's URL
- Click next
- In the Scheduling section
- Set how often you want your data to update. We recommend updating every day at 9am UTC to ensure your Web Data Set has had time to refresh its data before it gets loaded into Domo
- Set the Update Method to Replace.
- In the Name & Describe Your DataSet, give your DataSet a relevant name and description
- Click Save and Run
Integration With Tableau Desktop
Watch the video below to learn how to integrate QBench with Tableau Desktop.