- Batches are a way to allow mass testing on samples. To create a new batch, click Workflow, then Batches and finally +New Batch.
- This will open a new page for your Batch. You can enter as much or as little information as you would like. Batches do not require any information to be entered to be created.
- You can customize fields you want available in the Fields and Data Types page. See also Fields and Data Types.
- After clicking Save, a new batch will be created. This allows you to change any data (by clicking Save after entry) or delete a batch. Note: in order to delete a batch, you must confirm this.
- The next tab is Batches. You can associate with batches together in this tab. Clicking +Add Batches will make a popup appear where you can select batches.
- After this is Samples. You can associate samples with this batch by clicking +Add Samples. See also Samples.
- The next tab is Tests. On this page, you can add tests to the batch by clicking +Add Tests. See also Tests.
- The Worksheet tab, you can add a worksheet to the batch. See also Worksheets.
- Note: You cannot create new Batches, Samples, Tests, or Worksheets from a batch. Batches can only associate with pre-existing data.
- The QC Data page also allows for you to enter in assays and controls for mass testing. You can choose to add a batch control +Add Control or a set of controls from +Add Controls from QC Data Configuration.
- QC Data Configuration can be set by clicking the gear on the All page. See also Configuring Dropdown Menu Options.
- Finally, platemap allows the user to enter in data by set defaults (96- and 364-well plates). Then, you can choose the entry order (left to right, top down) or manual entry. This allows your lab to complete large tests in an expedited manner.
- Note: QBench will only add batch information from samples that were previously associated with the batch. When new samples are added, information must be entered into the platemap manually.
- You can also filter the batches from the All page (see Filters) or view different batches (see Configuring Views.) Finally, you can also add new QC Data controls by clicking the gear above the filter and view icons. See also Configuring Dropdown Menu Options.
Article is closed for comments.